Sunday, February 25, 2018

Jewelry design preview - having fun with making my own jewelry for Costume College this year

Eeeeeekkkk, I've been having WAY too much fun with pretties for the shop and necklaces to wear for Costume College's ROYAL theme this year: I'll be wearing this new Madeira vintage glass stone Collet necklace I just made this week one day (although I plan to make earrings to match). I previewed these last night at the Downton Abbey dinner! (This new version of the Gold GARNET grapes coming to my shop very soon!)
New jewelry designs by LadyDetalle - This new version of my grape cluster earrings with teardrop amethyst/garnet glass
stones in a stunning crown bezel shape are coming soon!
Extant Collet Necklace Examples from Georgian thru Victorian
Have any of you ever experimented with jewelry design? Anyone else making their own jewelry for Costume College ROYALS theme this year? I have to say, I'm really enjoying the process, although there are a lot more "gotchas" than I was expecting, when I started setting stones. It's worth the final result though, I love making pretties and expressing my creativity through design and creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment