Friday, November 24, 2017

American Duchess book on 18th century Dressmaking is now available

It's not often that a new fashion book is added to my core historical fashion collection, but this one is well worth adding!

"The American Duchess Guide to 18th Century Dressmaking" by Lauren Stowell with Abby Cox includes all sorts of tips and tricks, as well as pattern grids for various accessories, and from what I could tell, how to build/sew a gown the 18th century millinery way.

I've not dug in very far yet, and although I'm likely to use it more for inspiration than a straight how to (since I love 18th century and have made quite a few outfits to date) - still, looking forward to learning and trying things from here at a future point!
Late 1790's transitional period
You can get it on Amazon, thru American Duchess or many other sources I'm sure.
Recommend picking one up as a resource if you're interested in 18th century sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment