Thursday, November 9, 2017

Costume College 2018 theme is really inspiring me!

I'm really inspired by "Dressing the Royals" theme of Costume College 2018!

I just finished my 1898 evening/court gown for the Last Csar Dinner, and I have some court wear from previously worn outfits, including CoCo 2016 Gala. I'm pondering on if I should re-wear all my court wear at Costume College this year - so tempting! Although I'm also inspired to sew some new things and revamp some previously made outfits (including the court wear), so in the end, it will probably be a little of both.

I stumbled across this photo that I had forgotten about, in Gloria's CoCo Flickr album: photo by InTheLongRunDesigns. I love the way she captured the sun and shadows on my Napoleonic Bee court robe from Costume College 2016 Gala!
'Bees, Bees, Bees' - my early 19th century Napoleonic Silk Court Open Robe & Court Gown
I have never felt so completely regal and ready to be or visit royalty that evening, than I did in this gown.

Time for some CoCo Royals planning!
What are you planning for Costume College 2018 theme?!

No comments:

Post a Comment