Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Welcome - theladydetalle!

Hey everyone, I wanted to start off this blog by sharing just a little bit about myself!



TheLadyDetalle BIO:
I've been sewing since I was three (no kidding, my mom's a professional quilter), so I have quilted and sewn all my life and I first got into historical events in 2003, attending a Regency ball in California. It wasn't until 2007, that I made my first few historical reproduction clothing items: two late 18th century petticoats for over pocket hoops for my mom and I to take part in a local east coast event!

The following spring I attempted my first full outfit with help, a late 18th century riding habit out of burgundy cotton velvet (based on the portrait of Lady Worsley and the Duchess film's interpretation of it, as well as my own): it turned out great and I haven't stopped since! (Well, a bit of a slow-down and semi-pause for awhile, while I knocked out my master's degree in business in less than 3 years and planned a wedding in 6 months while working full time)...I love to hand sew, I have a vintage 1969 green Husquvarna Viking that I ADORE, and I love working with natural fiber fabrics: silk, cotton, linen, you are my friends!

I love many different eras in history, but 1800-1820 is my first love, followed by 1770's-1790's.  I am a member of The Rappahannock Colonial Heritage Society, which does living history & dancing of around 1772, which is great fun, including dancing every year at Stratford Hall's Christmas Candlelight Tour, I host a Regency-costumed Pumpkin Tea every year, and I have taught classes at Dress U and Dress U the 2nd, a costume convention held in 2011 & 2012 near Philadelphia, PA. My two classes: 19th century Regency Dress Detailing and Creating an 18th century silk muff (taught twice)!

I recently launched an Etsy store, TheLadyDetalle, where I am selling reproduction late 18th century colonial muffs (hand warmers) made of luxurious 100% white goose down (and other alternatives) and other historical items, and I have a small online tea business, www.regencytea.com, where I sell unique flavors of tea like Cream Earl Grey, Chocolate Vanilla Mint, and Sticky Toffee Pudding.

I also sew other time periods since, mostly focused on the 1770's-1910's...I have a wonderful and supportive husband, my own knight in shining armor, and thus have been delving a bit into historical men's clothing lately. Overall I love fun costumed events, and taking a break from the very male-dominated business place where I am often in charge :). I constantly dream of things like dancing by candlelight, exploring England in Regency attire, riding sidesaddle in a period riding habit, and wearing Victorian to the opera!

No comments:

Post a Comment