Thursday, January 4, 2018

2018 Sewing Plans and Goals

2018 Sewing Plans and Goals:

My sewing plans for 2018 include new outfits for events, some fun new outerwear, and trying to sew with stash fabric that I have at hand and ready to go, and also re-joining the HSM monthly for 2018 challenges. I also would love to work on more foundation garments in 2018, natural form support and 1830's corset/stays to prep for 2019 sewing/plans. I also plan to continue embroidery projects in 2018, to continue to develop skills and add fun embroidery to accessories and projects.

PLANNED for 2018:
-Finish teal blue silk 1880's bustle (bustle from two sari's) - JAN
-Tiffany blue fur trimmed late 18th century pelisse - JAN
-2018 CoCo DoW outfit - FEB
-Regency bee spencer and bonnet - FEB/MAR
-2018 CoCo Gala outfit - APR-JUL
-New Regency apron/bib front gown - MAY
-White cotton summer Victorian bustle - MAY-JUN
-New chemise dress - JUL-AUG
-New Regency for Pumpkin Tea SEP-OCT
-Regency sari dress for evening Pumpkin Tea SEP-OCT
-New Titanic/Downton Abbey gown and outfits OCT-NOV
-Fun sewing and UFO's - DEC
-Etsy shop creative sewing: muffs, muff pillows, reticules & more, plus creating jewelry - 2018

I added month/dates to my sewing plans to try to keep myself on track, but we'll see if that works, usually it's life stuff that changes my sewing plans.

If there's time in 2018:
-Natural form bustle foundation
-1830's corset & foundation
-late Victorian outerwear
-start my quilted petticoat project
-18th century jacket/dress with a hood
-Pumpkin Tea shoes - bees or fleur-de-lis
-Regency Pumpkin Tea flag - inspired by Kat's Victorian Party flag

UFO's for 2018:
-Finish trim and fixes on pink striped silk late 18th century jacket
-Black & white plaid silk Edwardian skirt
-Robe a la Francaise brown & pink striped silk satin
-Early 19th century men's jacket for HB
-Late 18th century men's jacket for HB

My plans for 2018 include these new sewing goals (with some re-vamped goals):

Goal #1: sew for FUN and for FUN events

Plan and enjoy my sewing, creativity, integrate painting, beading, embroidery, trim and other embellishments to enjoy sewing, and sew with creative inspiration and fabric inspiration.

Plan and create and sew my outfits for FUN planned events, with plenty of time for creativity and enjoyment in the process.

Goal #2: sew more with Sari/Saree's

I'm super inspired by some lovely vintage silk sari/saree's from India, and have quite a few on hand for projects, and I'd like to sew with more of those in 2018.

Goal #3: UFO's and de-stash

One of my goals in 2018 is to get some of my UFO's either done, make plans to get them done, or move them along to someone who will. My goal is to cut down on my UFO pile. Another goal is to use stash fabric and also de-stash fabric - I'm going to try to hold off on fabric buying (except CoCo) and also lining fabric for 2018 projects if I don't have on hand. Currently my fabric stash is large and I find I sew best when the fabric "speaks to me" and inspires me, so I need to continue to use or part with fabric I like but that isn't inspiring me or that I have other fabric I like more for a similar purpose. I also want to try to stop saving fabric for a particular purpose and instead let the creative juices flow and consider my stash with an open mind.

Other goals:

Take part in some or all of the 2018 HSM challenges. Outsource things I don't like making or want to do, or have time for, or that I want to support another artist/creator's work. This includes foundation garments, men's garments, accessories, etc. Make some changes in how I spend my creative time and continue to re-shape my Etsy shop. Wish me luck!

Any great sewing goals or plans you have for 2018? What do you find works best for you in planning your sewing out for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment