Friday, August 7, 2015

White silk modern hat & black hooded cape progress

I've been planning a white on white and cream hat that I always intended to make last year, but I was too busy, never could find the time, but I told myself I would still make my fun white hat in 2015! I had previously covered a small straw hat (doll's hat probably) with some thick smooth silk and today I finished the underneath, and basically started with this:
Silk covered straw hat - top
Silk covered straw hat - bottom
 And after a few hours of sewing on feathers, tulle, marabou feathers and other fun things, I had this:
White Silk Hat by TheLadyDetalle
Finished silk hat - top
Finished silk hat - bottom
I have no idea where I'm going to wear this, or with what, but I just had to create it!

I also finished the bias binding on the black silk hooded cape today, and then sewed binding on the unfinished edges (where hood and cape base meet and also inside the hood), so now it's time for black marabou!
Black silk hooded cape - pleating necklne
Black silk hooded cape - almost done!
 Friends coming and Jane Austen Ball at Gadsby's is tomorrow, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment